The Group’s aims are to:
- Act as the patient’s ‘voice’ at meetings with Surgery
- Provide information to patients through newsletters
- Provide feedback to the surgery from the patients
- To listen and act upon patient views
- To form sub committees to address the various needs of the surgery and patient body
- To look at ways of providing funding to enhance the services of the surgery for the sole benefit of the patient
The Group’s Committee
- Chairman – Tony Harknett
- Secretary – Carol Rickell
- Treasurer – Steve Hotston
- Liz Bussey
- David Dahms
- Colin Grover
- Graham Powell – Take Stock Editor
- Laura Savage – 200 Club Administrator
- Ann Stevenson
- Malcolm Westbrook
- Val Yeates
Any patients who wish to actively become involved in the work of the PPG are very welcome to join the Committee. Please complete the form here and we
will get back to you to discuss either by phone or email.
One of the aims of the PPG is fundraising. The main idea is to raise small sums of money for the administration of the PPG and to donate any excess for the purchasing of equipment for patient use in the surgery. For example, the Surgery, thanks to donations from local organisations and patients through the PPG annual raffle and “200 Club” prize draw, has benefited by the purchase of:
- 2 Large TV monitors
- 1 Defibrillator
- 3 Electronic Couches
- 2 Specialist Waiting Room Chairs
- Fully Automatic Entrance Door
- Complete set of Hygienic Waiting Room Chairs
- Stand-alone Blood Pressure /Health Monitor
The PPG plan to arrange events to support the development of Surgery services for the benefit of the patients, We will use this website and newsletters to keep patients informed of planned events, what the funds will be used for and how this will impact the surgery and benefit the patients. The PPG will be helping in providing more local and better care to all of Stock Hill’s patients. Suggestions about how the PPG could improve the Patient Experience would be appreciated, please let us know here.
All funds raised by the PPG are used for the sole benefit of the patients of Stock Hill Medical Centre.
PPG Newsletter – Take Stock
Take Stock‘ is the newsletter for the patients of Stock Hill Medical Centre produced by the Patients Participation Group (PPG). It is designed to be a window into what is being discussed at the PPG meetings and any news on what is happening at the surgery that will be of interest to patients.
The PPG aims to publish a newsletter 3 to 4 times a year which will be available in hard copy at the surgery. Please ask the receptionists for a copy. You can also receive an electronic copy by completing the form here.
The PPG welcomes any comments and views from you the patient, tell us what you would like to see included in future editions of the newsletter by contacted us using the form here.